Area Agency on Aging
The 28 local area agencies on aging (AAA) contract with the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) to help people 60 and older and their caregivers find the information they need to locate and access community services.
What services are provided?
- • Benefits counseling/legal assistance
- • Care coordination
- • Information, referral and assistance
- • Legal awareness
- • Ombudsman Program
Who can get services?
You must be 60 or older, with priority for services given to:
- • People with low incomes
- • People who live in rural areas
- • People with limited English proficiency
- • People with Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders
- • People at risk of being placed in a long-term care facility
Family members and/or other caregivers who are younger than 60 may receive support services on behalf of the person for whom they provide care.
How do I apply for services?
Contact your AAA by calling 1-800-252-9240.