Community Living Assistance and Support Services



Home and community-based services and supports, such as habilitation, adaptive aids, dental treatment, minor home modifications, nursing, skilled and specialized therapies, behavioral support, respite, case management, support/continued family services and transition assistance services available to individuals diagnosed with a developmental disability classified as a related condition other than an intellectual disability as an alternative to institutional placement. Additional information can be obtained by calling 1-877-438-5658 (toll free).

The Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS) program provides home and community-based services to people with related conditions as a cost-effective alternative to an intermediate care facility for individuals with an intellectual disability or related conditions (ICF/IID). A related condition is a disability, other than an intellectual disability, that originated before age 22 that affects the ability to function in daily life.

What services are available?

  • • Adaptive aids and medical supplies
  • • Auditory enhancement training
  • • Behavioral support
  • • Case management
  • • Continued family services
  • • Dental and dental sedation
  • • Dietary
  • • Habilitation
  • • Minor home modifications
  • • Nursing
  • • Occupational therapy
  • • Physical therapy
  • • Pre-vocational habilitation
  • • Respite care
  • • Specialized therapies
  • • Speech therapy
  • • Supported employment
  • • Support family services
  • • Transition assistance services

You can access the following services through the CDS option:

  • • Habilitation
  • • Nursing services
  • • Occupational therapy
  • • Physical therapy
  • • Respite care
  • • Speech pathology
  • • Support consultation services

Who can get services?

  • • You must be diagnosed with a related condition that manifested before age 22.
  • • You must be eligible for Medicaid in the community and not be enrolled in another Medicaid waiver program.
  • • You must need habilitation and case management services.
  • • You must live in your own or your family’s home.
  • • Your income and resources may not exceed specified limits.
  • • You cannot be enrolled in another waiver program.

How do I apply for services?

Call toll-free to 1-877-438-5658. Please be prepared to provide Social Security and Medicaid numbers, type of disability, age of the onset of the disability, date of birth, address and telephone number of the person needing services.